Saturday, February 27, 2010

Gymnastics!



Thursdays are always full of hustle and bustle. It's gymnastics day! Kyleigh attends gymnastics classes at Kadena Youth Center once a week and absolutely loves going. This past year she's grown so much in her ability and confidence. She was so shy and reserved when we started and now she eagerly rushes into classes, follows the lead of her Coach, "Mrs. Lauren", and loves to participate and chatter with her classmates.


It's so much fun to watch the kids running their warm up laps, doing their stretches, and practicing basic skills, and having the chance to chat with some of the moms. I never get tired of hearing Kyleigh shout "Mommy watch me!" from across the gym just before she preforms a jump of the the spring board or tries a new skill on the practice bar. While I don't think we will be seeing her off to the Olympics it's just as good as any medal to see her overcome her fear of heights and take a leap from the end of the high beam after finally coming up with enough courage to cross it on her own. I'm so glad that I'm able to take her to classes each week, that she enjoys them so much, and that we are able to have some Mommy/Daughter time each week afterwords going out to lunch and doing a little shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment