Well, it just seems as if we blinked and time disappeared! Christmas rushed into New Years, New Years into Kris Birthday, this pregnancy started taking a major toll on me physically and everything just came piling down on top of me after that. We had a wonderful time over the holidays, battled some illness in the form of a few bugs that just kept circulating around, my belly got bigger and so did Kyleigh!
I have to beg everyone's pardon on letting things get away from me and not keeping everyone as updated as I should have. I hope you can all over look that! Now though, I feel I'm getting my feet back under me and I'm hitting the ground running. Right now, I can't say I have come remotely come close to putting a "done stamp" on our house. It's just not quite there yet in terms of home-like-ness and my compulsive nesting instincts are not helping. We are working on getting the things we need for our baby-to-be and getting things ready on the home front in general. Now that my energy is back and I'm not feeling sick all the time I foresee this process being a little easier. And as far as the pregnancy goes it is going very well. We had our anatomy scan recently. Our little one didn't want to cooperate with the ultrasound technician and she had some trouble getting some of the shots she needed for the scan. The tech would need baby to turn right and she would roll left. Truly a Boice! But after nearly an hour and a half all was done. And we are happy to officially announce we are expecting another wonderful baby girl. The results of the scan were wonderful with no apparent abnormalities found - just a bundle of healthy baby. Many praises to the Lord just for that alone!
Kyleigh's excitement about her baby sister is through the roof! She talks to the baby all the time, gives her kiss, and is just pleased as punch to tell anyone who will listen just what a great big sister she is going to be. She's handling this all so very well and working really hard to be a great help to Mommy and Daddy. We're doing very good with our school prep. I was able to get her a copy of the Hooked on Phonics Pre-K course and she's loving it. She absolutely loves sitting at the counter and doing her school work during the day and my biggest issues is convincing her to stop. Hope that continues when she starts school this coming fall! We also have the opportunity to start her in team sports and on March 1st she will be starting basketball. It's unbelievable that my little baby girl is big enough for all of this! We should hear from her basketball coach in the next week or two what her schedule is going to be - how exciting!
Kris is doing quite well too. He's working in training now which means he no longer has complaints about just sitting around at work and is frequently late for dinner. While the hours aren't always ideal being in this position can afford him some good opportunities down the road so we are very happy for this blessing. Medically, he's still doing outstanding, however because of snags with getting paperwork signed and other issues his med board package was not sent in on time and he is having to start the whole process again. Right now he is going back and having all the evals done, his labs came back wonderful like before and then it's just a matter of getting dates changed on paperwork and getting it submitted. The saga continues....
And I believe that brings us up to speed! We have tons going on day to day and some really great things planned in the up and coming weeks. On Friday we will be going on our Couple's Dinner adventure at the absolutely fantastic Sam's By the Sea and I just can't wait! We also have Kyleigh's birthday just around the corner and an outing planned to celebrate, more events at church, and plenty more to get into on this beautiful little island.
We hope this finds you all well in health, heart, and spirit and that you will keep following along with us as it gets closer to welcome yet another little bug into our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
great idea to keep things on a blog. hope things are well and congrats on the new little one to b
ReplyDelete