It had been a while since we had partaken of the wonderful curry at Coco's so, naturally, when I suggested this as our dinner destination Kris and Kyleigh practically jumped for joy. One of the major downsides of my pregnancy with Chloe was that I was unable to go near Coco's. The curry there has a wonderfully strong aroma (one that my pregnant tummy had trouble tolerating as it were) particularly the stronger spiced, beautiful color, great consistency, and it's absolutely delicious! Kyleigh cleaned her plate (as did Kris) and we enjoyed our meals while Chloe took a cat nap. We arrived at the American Village and headed into the main shopping center.
Kyleigh had been asking to go see the Dr. Fish for months and since we were there we decided to take the plunge as a family. These little guys are so interesting. Now, I'd done this before but, Kris and Kyleigh hadn't so there was a little element of surprise for them in that they didn't realize how the little fish would immediately school right to and start nibbling away at your toes. Kyleigh wiggled quite a bit and Kris did his share of squirming as some of the fish wiggled in between his toes. While it may seem weird or even creepy to get a pedicure from a hoard of hungry minnows, it's actually pretty effective. We all walked away with soft feet and satisfied curiosities. Kyleigh thoroughly enjoyed the experience and wants to go again. I think Kris may pass up another opportunity however.
We end up meeting with a few friends, passing out invitations to church, and checking out the new section of the American Village that consist of a maze of shops and eateries. Before heading home we made a traditional stop by Yogurt Land (in which I had to resist the urge to fill up a cup as I'm still on a dairy free diet thanks to Chloe's milk allergie) and headed upstairs for a round in the arcade. Kyleigh discovered a game where you drum along to Japanese songs on these large drums, that proved entertaining for us big kids as well. We all had a great time, but were happy to get home at then end of the evening and kick off our shoes after a day of nearly non-stop walking. I can't imagine a better place to just go and hoof it than this wonderful little island, where you just never can tell what you might find around the corner!
That reindeer is trying to lick Santa or his nose, I dunno which. This place always seems to amaze me one way or another.~PapaBugs
ReplyDeletePapaBugs! HA! Love it! Yeah, like I said... you just never know what you're going to find here. Weird!
ReplyDelete