The reports are in to us of changing foliage, cooler breezes, and the general seasonal air of impending Autumn. And while I love our island home I must admit I'm envious of all of you who are able to enjoy the transition of this lovely time of year before the gray of winter sets in. I miss the sights, the smells, and the traditions of your typical American Fall.The smell of burning leaves, the bright colors, the backyard bonfires, trips to the mountains, and family get togethers. I won't wish our time here away, but I'm looking forward to experiencing these things yet again (maybe next season).
This has been a Summer to remember! To highlight Kris pinned on Staff Sargent and was found fit for duty by the medical board that seemed it would never end, we welcomed our little Chloe into the world, my folks to the island briefly, and Kyleigh to the wonderful world of sisterhood, and we've been slowly bidding farewell to many important people in our lives including the beloved Johnson's who have traveled back state side. I regret to say there are several more of these partings in our near future. But life goes on, though it's easy to see the tides turning and, forgive the expression, seasons changing.
Thus far this "season", Kyleigh enjoyed 6 weeks of First Steps Soccer. What a natural! While she was less than alright with her teammates trying to "take her ball", she showed some real talent on the soccer field. She just naturally tried to box out defenders, has pretty good ball control, and just doesn't like to not succeed. The season flew by before we knew what had happened and I'm really bummed it couldn't have went on longer. I think it's safe to say that we are all looking forward to jumping back into soccer next season. But for now, we are taking a break from athletics, aside from her gymnastics. I looking forward to fighting the crowds at the begging of the year for registration for whatever sport she chooses next - basketball or cheer!
Chloe is coming up on her 6 month appointment (at the beginning of December) and growing like a preverbal weed. Both of the kiddos are doing quite well. The only major issue we are dealing with is that Kyleigh is being evaluated for Pervasive Developmental Disorder - stay tuned for developments there! We are still attending gymnastics each week and watching Kyleigh blossom there. He coach is wonderful and there interactions mean so much to Kyleigh. Chloe's days are becoming more like clock work and she's settling down into a very do-able routine that's making life at home much more manageable and enjoyable for Mom! She's been on Zantac for several months now and it seems that her reflux has peeked. We are hoping that she will "out grow it" in the next couple of months.... when teething should pick up of course! We are having to do some revamping in her room and I'm hopeful that we will be posting pictures of the completed project soon.
We were blessed with a wonderful Family Camp experience at Okuma at the beginning of October. The resort, camp ground, and beaches were so beautiful. We got to spend time with our wonderful church family, have some bonding moments, and get out and do some things. Kris went on a little hiking trip with the guys to Hiji Falls while the ladies and smaller kids hung out at the beach. Kyleigh was happy to play in the ocean and Chloe enjoyed floating around in the water for a short time, but did not care too much for the sand. I was able to go out with some of the ladies on a snorkeling trip that was amazing! The ocean was quite rough that day and as a result we didn't get to see as much as you would have on a more calm day, but it was still wonderful. Thinking about it makes me kind of lament the change in weather as I'd love to just go out snorkeling with friends again. Maybe in the spring!
And one season's beginning is another's ending. We've seen several friends off the island in the past month and that's never easy. Our friend Autumn was re-stationed in England (and from the looks of her pictures she's really enjoying it) and the Russell family, who have been so dear to our hearts and such a blessing to us, relocated back to the states. While I can't got though and list everyone who's left recently and how much they made Okinawa feel like home.... they know who they are! It's never easy to see people go. You just have to look forward to the time when you know you'll see them again and to the meeting of new people. When God close a door some where he usually opens a window. I don't want to end on a sad note, but rather an note of hope. Not one of us can clearly predict what tomorrow is going to bring. It's up to us to see the sunshine behind the clouds and rejoice during the storm. Negativity breeds negativity and nothing can be accomplished with that. You can't move forward if you're looking back! So onward we go, where ever we are lead, Kris and I hand in hand, a little one in my arms and a not so little one anymore on his shoulders!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great pics!! We miss you all!
ReplyDelete