Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sick Day




It's been a while since we've had any issues with illness in this house so I shouldn't have been surprised that all three of us have gotten sick at the same time. Kris wasn't too well over the weekend and Kyleigh woke up really early Sunday morning coughing and sounding awful, then I got nailed with "the crud" around 1 this morning. I can honestly say this is the worse I've felt in recent memory. Sore throat, really runny nose, runny eyes, pain in the ears, all that fun stuff. But no fever, body aches, chills, or any symptoms that would cause concern for dehydration. I made an emergency run to the commissary this morning and gabbed some Vapor Rub, lavender and peppermint soap, and some lemon-aid. Kyleigh and I filled the tub and soaked in the lavender and peppermint bubbles, splashed and played, and just generally relaxed and enjoyed our silly little soak. Aromatherapy is magic! Since we'd had an early lunch, had our tub time which was resulting in so serious sleepiness, I gathered what little whits I had about me and took to the kitchen having the foresight I wasn't going to be up for making dinner this evening and knowing better than to expect this family to "wing it for dinner". I manged to whip up some meatballs and sauce with little effort and tossed them into my crock pot. Spaghetti and meatballs tonight it is!


After a nice, but little nap Kyleigh was ready to get up and I could tell she was feeling tons better. I could have slept longer but I still felt better too. We had to do something fun to celebrate. So....
We had some dark chocolate M&M's

And made some funny faces

Then we had a little "Pedi Party". Kyleigh loves getting her nails done so she picked a cute sparkely purple (one of her favorites) and I did her nails. I had a little of the nail art stickies I used for the Ball so I let her pick a couple of those too.


It was a lot of fun and turned out to be a great pick me up for me too. I just love having "girly time" with my Bug!

After our nails were nice and dry we decided to put the finishing touches on our Christmas tree. We caught some nice ornaments on sale the other day at the Foster Exchange so we pulled those out and put them up.

Kyleigh stepped back and took a look at our finished project. "Mommy," she says " This is going to make Daddy so happy when he gets home!" : )

And so our day is winding down into the late afternoon and I'm feeling a degree of motivation. While I have the energy I think I will toss in a load of laundry, pick up a little, and if I'm not totally wiped out see if I can snuggle down on the couch and partake of a little of my library books.
So here's to sick days and the wonderfully unexpected opportunities we are blessed with to love our kids and slow down a bit to smell the flowers.

2 comments: